Research Assistant Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- University of Arizona, Tucson, US
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, KR
- Pusan National University, Kumjeong-ku, KR
- University of Arizona, Tucson (2018 - Ongoing)
- Park, M., Snyder, S. A., HernÃ¡ndez-Maldonado, A. J., & Blaney, L. (2020). Chapter 6 - Attenuation of contaminants of emerging concerns by nanofiltration membrane: rejection mechanism and application in water reuse. In Chapter 6 - Attenuation of contaminants of emerging concerns by nanofiltration membrane: rejection mechanism and application in water reuse(pp 177-206). Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Jeong, K., Park, M., Oh, S., & Kim, J. H. (2020). Impacts of flow channel geometry, hydrodynamic and membrane properties on osmotic backwash of RO membranesâCFD modeling and simulation. Desalination, 476, 114229.
- Park, M., Wu, S., Lopez, I. J., Chang, J. Y., Karanfil, T., & Snyder, S. A. (2020). Adsorption of perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in groundwater by granular activated carbons: Roles of hydrophobicity of PFAS and carbon characteristics. Water Research, 170, 115364.
- Jeong, K., Park, M., & Chong, T. H. (2019). Numerical model-based analysis of energy-efficient reverse osmosis (EERO) process: Performance simulation and optimization. Desalination, 453, 10-21.
- Wu, S., Jia, A., Daniels, K. D., Park, M., & Snyder, S. A. (2019). Trace analysis of corticosteroids (CSs) in environmental waters by liquid chromatographyâtandem mass spectrometry. Talanta, 195, 830-840.
- Yu, H., Park, M., Wu, S., Lopez, I. J., Ji, W., Scheideler, J., & Snyder, S. A. (2019). Strategies for selecting indicator compounds to assess attenuation of emerging contaminants during UV advanced oxidation processes. Water Research, 166, 115030.
- Zhang, A., Jia, A., Park, M., Li, Y., & Snyder, S. A. (2019). Genotoxicity assay and potential byproduct identification during different UV-based water treatment processes. Chemosphere, 217, 176-182.
- Zheng, M., Daniels, K. D., Park, M., Nienhauser, A. B., Clevenger, E. C., Li, Y., & Snyder, S. A. (2019). Attenuation of pharmaceutically active compounds in aqueous solution by UV/CaO2 process: Influencing factors, degradation mechanism and pathways. Water Research, 164, 114922.
- Park, M. (2018). Sample handling and data processing for fluorescent excitation-emission matrix (EEM) of dissolved organic matter (DOM). Chemosphere.
- Park, M. (2017). A systematic optimization of Internally Staged Design (ISD) for a full-scale reverse osmosis process. Journal of Membrane Science.
- Park, M. (2017). Pre-ozonation for high recovery of nanofiltration (NF) membrane system: Membrane fouling reduction and trace organic compound attenuation. Journal of Membrane Science.
- Park, M. (2017). Predicting trace organic compound attenuation by ozone oxidation: Development of indicator and surrogate models. Water Research.
- Wang, H., Park, M., Liang, H., Wu, S., Lopez, I. J., Ji, W., Li, G., & Snyder, S. A. (2017). Reducing ultrafiltration membrane fouling during potable water reuse using pre-ozonation. Water Research, 125, 42-51.
- Park, M. (2016). Influence of colloidal fouling on pressure retarded osmosis. Desalination.
- Park, M. (2016). Occurrence and fate of emerging trace organic chemicals in wastewater plants in Chennai, India. Environment International.
- Park, M. (2016). Performance analysis of reverse osmosis, membrane distillation, and pressure-retarded osmosis hybrid processes. Desalination.
- Park, M. (2011). Topology optimization of spacers for maximizing permeate flux on membrane surface in Reverse Osmosis channel. In Proceedings of the ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference.