Regents' Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Regents' Professor of Optical Sciences
Director, NSF Semiconductor Research Corporation Engineering Research Center for Environmentally Benign Semiconductor Manufacturing
Regents professor of Chemical Engineering at UA
Joint appointment: Regents Professor, Optical Sciences
Director of Engineering Research Center (20 years)
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering
- UC Berkeley, California, USA
- Deflagration of Ammonium Perchlorate
- M.S. Chemical Engineering
- U of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Catalytic Combustion of Solid Fuels
- Professor, U of Arizona (1979 - Ongoing)
- Senior Research Engineer, General Motors Research Laboratories (1976 - 1979)
- please see the attached resume
- please see the attached resume, Spring 1979
Licensure & Certification
- None, None (2015)
Chemical Engineering undergraduate and graduate level courses
Reaction Kinetics and Engineering, semiconductor manufacturing
CHEE 900 (Spring 2018)
CHEE 900 (Spring 2017)
CHEE 900 (Fall 2016)
Adv Chem Reaction Engr
CHEE 530 (Spring 2018)
CHEE 530 (Spring 2017)
CHEE 920 (Spring 2018)
CHEE 920 (Fall 2017)
CHEE 920 (Spring 2017)
CHEE 920 (Fall 2016)
CHEE 910 (Spring 2018)
CHEE 910 (Fall 2017)
CHEE 910 (Spring 2017)
CHEE 599 (Fall 2017)
- Shadman, F., Chiang, C. C., Kishore, J., & Srini, R. (2017). Rinsing of High-Aspect-Ratio Feature on Patterned Wafers. IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 30(1), 60.
- Shadman, F., Zeng C, Z. C., Gonzalez-Alvarez, A, G. A., Orenstein, E., O. E., Field, J., F. J., & Sierra-Alvarez, R., S. R. (2017). Ecotoxicity Assessment of Ionic As(III), As(V), In(III) and Ga(III) Species Potentially Released from Novel III-V Semiconductor Materials. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety.
- Shadman, F., Zeng, C., & Sierra, R. (2017). Transport and Abatement of fluorescent silica nanoparticles in saturated porous media: effect of filtration media and ionic strength. Environmental Science: Nano.
- Shadman, F., Zeng, C., & Sierra-Alvarez, R. (2017). Transport and Abatement of Fluorescent Silica Nanoparticle in Granular Filtration: Effect of Porous Media and Ionic Strength. J. Nano-Particle Research.
- Shadman, F., & Kishore, J. (2016). A Mathematical Model for Study of Cyclic Purge in Vessels with Complex Geometry. Int. Journal of Eng and Mathematical Modeling, 27(42).
- Shadman, F., Keswant, M., Zhao, M., Alobeidli, A, A. A., Chen, C. X., Yam, Y. P., Zanelli, Z. C., Maraviov, S, M. S., & M. Nagel, N. (2016). Investigation of Acoustic Cavitation in Aqueous Surfactant Solutions for Cleaning Applications. MRS Advances, 10.1557(313), 5.
- Shadman, F., Zhao, M., Jakes, K., Luke, K., Kishore, J., Gouk, R., Verhaverbeke, S., & Keswani, M. (2016). Application of Process Simulation for Comparison of Contactless and Conventional Electrodeposition Methods for 3D Packaging. Solid-State Science and Technology, 5, 6.
- Shadman, F. (2015). Contactless Bottom-Up Electrodeposition of Nickel for 3D Integrated Circuits. Royal Society of Chemistry Advances, 5, 45291-45299.
- Shadman, F. (2015). Fate of fluorescent core-shell silica nanoparticles during simulated secondary wastewater treatment. Water Research.
- Shadman, F. (2015). Investigations of Solution Variables in A Contactless Copper Electrodeposition Process for 3D Packaging Applications. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 30(30), 578-584.
- Shadman, F. (2015). Physical, Chemical, and In Vitro Toxicological Characterization of Nanoparticles in Chemical Mechanical Planarization Suspensions Used in the Semiconductor Industry: Towards Environmental Health and Safety Assessments. Environmental Science: Nano, 227-244.
- Shadman, F., Kishore, J., Dittler, R., & Geisert, C. (2015). Pressure Cycling for Purging of Dead Spaces in High-Purity Gas Delivery Systems. AIChE Journal, 61(11), 3973 - 3980.
- Shadman, F. (2014). Computer Modeling of Surface Interactions and Contaminants Transport in Microstructures during the Rinsing of Patterned semiconductor Wafers. Computers and Chemical Engineering, 68(68), 182-189.
- Shadman, F. (2014). Stability of alumina, ceria, and silica nanoparticles in municipal wastewater. Water Sci. Technol., 70(70), 1533-1539.
- Shadman, F. (2014). “Contamination of Ultra-High-Purity Gas Distribution Systems by Back Diffusion of Impurities. Journal of the IEST, 57 (1)(57 (1)), 57 (1).
- Shadman, F. (2016, July). Dynamic Monitoring Cytotoxicity of Nanoscale III-V Materials and CMP Nanoparticles. 11th International Conference on the Environmental Effects of Nanoparticles and Nanomaterials, Golden, CO.. Golden, CO.
- Shadman, F. (2016, July). Review of the State of ESH research in SC manufacturing. Semiconwest.
- Shadman, F. (2016, Oct). Novel copper deposition technique. invited presentation at AMAT.