Tips for Getting Started
Admissions to University of Arizona Chemical and Environmental Engineering graduate programs are handled through the UA Graduate College. Information provided here is summarized. Please see the Graduate College pages specified below and the CHEE Graduate Student Handbook (PDF) for detailed information.
Interested in a snapshot of the UA CHEE grad programs? Check out this one-page flyer:
Remember the following with your application as a decision cannot be entered until all requirements are met and all materials are received:
- Academic transcripts
- GRE test scores
- Chemical Engineering – GRE test scores are not required for full consideration of application.
- Environmental Engineering – GRE test scores are optional and not required for consideration of application.
- For international students whose native language is not English, TOEFL or IELTS scores dated no more than two years before the term of application
- IELTS composite score of at least 7 with no subject area falling below 6
- TOEFL minimum score of 79 for the Internet exam and 550 for the paper exam
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Fall: Jan. 15
- Apply by Dec. 15 to receive priority consideration for admission and full consideration for department funding.
- Spring: June 30
- There are no spring admissions for the Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering. Spring admission for other CHEE degree programs is rare and less likely to secure funding.
- GRE Institution Code for the University of Arizona: 4832
- Major Field Code for chemical engineering: 1001
- Major Field Code for environmental engineering: 1103
University of Arizona Graduate College: CHEE Admissions
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Accelerated Master’s Program in Chemical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Accelerated Master’s Program in Environmental Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Engineering